Life Is Too Short To Love Why Hate!!!!

Thursday, February 03, 2005

SHRUK - A Stranger So Known

It’s very rarely in life do we come across people whom we have never met or interacted with but yet they seem so known and close to us. It’s a drawn feeling of closeness that gets you to move on towards the direction of knowing him better. A person never known and yet so known.

This is exactly the chemistry that happened between ‘Shruk’ and me. Well Shruk that’s what I call him. It’s the name that popped in my mind out of the blues for him that seemed so affectionate. He is an ardent Shahrukh fan as I am and people say he has resemblance with Shahrukh. May be that’s the reason Shruk evolved. But if you ask my opinion then Shruk has his own charm which are so his own and not copied from the King Khan. Yes his face cut is like the King Khan’s but his smile is so his own. He does have slight touch up but from my point of view I would say that he is a very gentle version. Shahrukh has his own charisma of maturity mixed with sensibility and sensuousness. Whereas Shruk is a self blend of innocent charm mixed with a warm touch and amiability. He has this wonderful sense of humour that despite of all his efforts shows his true self. I have known Shruk virtually for 2 months and personally for less than a month now but the first time I spoke to him he sounded so known. It just did not feel like I was talking to him for the first time. All credit goes to him as he was the one who broke the ice otherwise I would have never ended up talking to him this way. That was the day when I just spoke to him for the first time 13th Jan 2005. A call slightly unexpected as then he knew me for jus a month and that too not so well so as to call me. But I loved the gesture that he did take out time and called. Meeting at that point of time was a far fetched expectation as first the urge wasn’t there and secondly the time constraint as we both were traveling with schedules so unlike to each others. But somehow destiny played it’s game with due efforts from us and the impossible too seemed possible then. He was suppose to leave Bangalore on 16th Jan and I was suppose to come back to Bangalore on 17th Jan. But as well played by destiny he postponed his ticket to 17th Jan and I reached Bangalore in the morning instead of evening. I made it to the airport despite circumstance not so favorable. It’s was one of the shortest and sweetest meet I have had. He made all efforts to talk and I listened.

All the time in the airport I kept on having this strange feeling that was so obscure. But after I saw him off and when I was on my way back I tried discovering the feeling again only to realize it was just a feeling so acknowledged. It just did not strike me that I met him and that too for the first time. By the time I realized the meet was over and there was oblivion of hope for the next meet. At that point of time heading back home I had no anticipation or expectation whether we will be friends or will meet again. He was a stranger in my life who just seemed to pass by as a known cool breeze. It was a pleasant feeling. But less did I know that the stranger who seemed so known will actually become so known. After that it surely took sometime but yes we developed this unbelievable talent of talking to each other for hours. Those long hour late night calls have slowly opened the door to know him better. But somehow none of the discoveries seemed too strange and it always felt like I knew him so well. We do talk for long hours but never anything that’s out of the way. The beauty of the relation lies in the unadulterated innocent chemistry that we share. I have no expectations from him nothing to look forward to but yet I enjoy each and every conversation. We have similarities and we have differences. Differences are definitely more striking but that have not dampened the energy level. He is definitely several parameters higher than me but he is still routed to the ground. No matter even if he does not enjoy conversing with me he have atleast never revealed it or have been unpleasant in any form. Knowing him so far has been an amusing journey and now I am looking forward to complete the journey with him.


That’s you Shruk from my angle. You have been the perfect stranger and yet so known. You have been the prankster and yet so innocent. Though unaware of your side the door to friendship is open from my side and to me you are a FRIEND.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home