Life Is Too Short To Love Why Hate!!!!

Friday, December 17, 2004

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO LOVE WHY HATE!!!!

As the topic says life is too short to love yes it's true that life is precious and should be lived the way it is meant to be. But the present generation seems to be too detached from emotions and relations as they are too tied up with the materialistic things. Money,luxury rules fading away the treasures of emotions and love. And the crave for money,luxury and status is what drives the word "HATE".

Most of us do not know the actual meaning of the word hate but yes we do use it more often than we even realise. You will often hear the term "I hate....." in your regular life,corporate life and social life. But what's the reason that one hates the other? Ask them can you define hatred probably the answers will be like "i don't like the person" or may be "I don't know" but do you think just not liking the person is why you hate him or her? The word hate is very complex and not so simple as it is used. We may not like a person or may be don't crstallize with that person that doesn't imply we hate him or her. Now let's try finding out why dissatisfaction or dislike for a person. The reason is very simple. It's either competition or comparison or something as simple as the person doesn't fit the way we want him to be. Let's take the three words seperately one by one.


COMPETITION....... well probably the in thing these days. Starts at a later stage in life but the human race cannot survive without it. If my neighbour buys a car it automatically drives my mindset to think well it is high time i change my car. May be my 800 performs better and serves the purpose more than his Honda but competition seems to rule my mind then and I feel the sudden need to change my car. If I am not able to do so the next workaround for it is I suddenly develope a dislike for my neighbour and say I don't like him. Do I actually have a reason here to not like him I wonder but yet I say I don't like him. Why do I need to compete with anyone? I know the question but yet if I see any friend possessing anything better than what I have competition strikes my mind. That's the start and the distance is automatically created.

COMPARISON starts off at the earliest stage of life since the time probably we are born. If your cousin tops in class and you come second the comparison automatically walks in gladly that why not first. She has a better pen than mine. She looks prettier than me. Are these comparisons actually fetching me anything productive? Probably not but sure enought it's causing distress and unhappiness and making the relation bitter. The cousin who should have been closer to me is now distant. We come across many such similar relations in life where where we initially do kick off great but such external factors ruins it all. Your best friend gets a better paying job than you. May be you don't show it but deep inside you definitely cannot avoid comparing. Is it helping the relation. Well yes but definitely in a negative way and suddenly the purity of the relation is gone. At this pace we seem to be losing relations faster than we gain.

Now the funniest reason we can give for not liking a person. We all are very calculative and manupulative accept it or not. As soon as we meet a person or talk to a person we start forming ad impression of his in our mind without even giving the person the chance to make an impression. Probably this happens due to factors like we are too busy chasing after external factors that we don't have time to invest in inculcating a relation or letting it take it's own shape. We usually run towards making a fast but 'haste' decision. We make a self satisfying image of the other person and start living in 'UTOPIA' and one fine morning we start dicovering alterations to our creation and the world starts crashing in. Not the other persons fault as he was never given a chance to make his own impression. It was me who used my own creativity and imagination to form an impression about him and now that I get to see his true self which probably has nothing wrong in it but yet my ego doesn't allow me to accept it. I don't even try to make an effort to know the person and simply end up saying I don't like him or may be just start avoiding him. You must be wondering what's his fault. Nothing big but something as dim-witted as my creativity which has failed miserably and I am not ready to accept that I am crestfallen to discover that I falied.

Hold on where is all these leading us to? What am I doing in life? We are actually heading towards nothing worth cherishing. Now do you realise that none of the above factors define hate. Then why do we use it? Why does that word exist so strongly in regular life? It's easier to make relations but difficult to maintain them. It's easier to make friends and infact easiest to loose them but very difficult to have good friends life long. Why can't we live a simple life and not make everything complex. Life is already complex enough that's tied up with responsibilities, job and other necesseties. We anyhow have very little time to relate to people to cherish relations to be merry then why don't we use that little time productively than being destructive. To quote "Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times."If you notice carefully you will see that we find happiness in the smallest things in life. Sharing and caring is what spreads happiness. Selfishness just leaves you as a forlorn. Then when we know that competetion or comparison or any other such factors are not doing us any good then why can't we make an effort to be happy and love others rather than wasting time on disliking other fellow humans? In this short span is it worth spending time in not liking when all it takes to like someone is a little conscious effort and an open and rational mind. If we adopt a logical mind then may be life at office or college or socially will be a much better place to look forward to. We will not be chasing a dark destination any longer and will be free of malice. Am sure none of enjoy being a sadist or causing unhappiness to others then why don't we stop right here and start cherishing the time given to us before we realise that it's too late. Thus I say LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO LOVE WHY HATE!!!!

1 Comments:

  • True, very true. I can love and for all the love I give out, I will get even more in return, not that you should expect it, but it feels a lot better when your love is reciprocated.
    More like you. We need more.

    By Blogger Coffeebrewer, at January 11, 2006 at 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home